"We are not in the cloud"
We are not cloud (web) based. Most of our competitors are what you would call cloud based. This means that their application runs through the internet and can only be accessed through a web browser with a high speed internet connection.
Cloud based apps have the following problems -
- You need an internet connection to run them.
- Their graphical interface is often clunky.
- Your data is stored in an unknown location of which you have no control.
- Your data is often sold.
- The company can disappear over night, along with their app and all your data.
- You are locked in, either pay the fees or don't get access to the app.
Jeyla Studio is different.. it is installed and runs locally on your computer. You simply do not have these issues with Jeyla Studio.
- Jeyla Studio does not require an internet connection.
- Our graphical interface is intuitive, high quality and fast.
- Your data is safely stored on your computer (with easy backup).
- You, and only you, have access to your data (ie, it can't be sold).
- Jeyla Studio is free, so you’re not held ransom to fee hikes.
- If we were to disappear over night, you could continue to happily run Jeyla Studio for as long as you liked.
"Our revenue model is different"
Our revenue model is quite different to most others.
- We don’t charge a monthly fee for access to our application.
- We don’t take a percentage of your revenue (this by the way, is an incredibly expensive way to pay for software).
- We don’t start charging after a trial period ends.
Instead, we take a leaf from the open source community where the base application is offered free (genuinely free) and revenue is generated only from extra add-ons. Those who find the extra add-ons of value, can purchase them. Those who don’t, don’t have to. We are happy for you to use our software either way.
We don’t want to just be another cost for your business (you already have enough of them). We want our software to help you run your business more efficiently and we want to be a part of your success (but only a small part 😉).
So, there you go. This is what separates us from most others. We hope it has given you some things to consider and good luck with your software search!